Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Once in a blue moon


"Rachel" 16x24  oil on canvas
I have had a few viewers who have either seen my blog or been to my shows ask, "Do you do portraits?"


"John" 9x12 oil on canvas
Little do they know that the face is one of my favorite subjects even if I don't do them as often as I would like."Only when I can get a willing victim," I answer which should actually be code for I don't work from photos because undoubtedly the next sentences  from those interested in a portrait is, "Well, I have this photo..."


"Chandra" 12x16 oil on canvas
   I'm not claiming to be a portrait artist but I'm also not one who draws inspiration from a mechanical version of an abbreviated glimpse from somebody else's perspective.... and usually questionable lighting/focus/whatever!!!  Sorry folks, but I prefer to keep it "real"! (3 hour modeling sessions from life)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send any questions or inquiries about the artwork to : gypsieartist@hotmail.com