Wednesday, September 26, 2012

If it's good enough for Vinnie...

                             ("Autumn's Sun" 9x12 oil on gessoboard)
   To close out the plein air season, I go hunting for sunflowers (my homage to Van Gogh) for which I can paint what I conside the portrait of summer. This one was found in Wilkinson community garden in Gig Harbor. I had the pleasure of meeting the gardener who has grown my models every year amoung many edible vegetables planted by the community for both personal consumption and local donations. I was in good company between her and the chickadees that darted amoung my models... a day well spent. This painting will be one of the plein air pieces exhibited  in the Mallard's Landing show the month of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send any questions or inquiries about the artwork to : gypsieartist@hotmail.com